If you have an old denim jacket forgotten somewhere in your closet, why not make it fashionable again? You can make a tie dye vest from it and enrich your wardrobe in the same time with a new item. You can wear it over t-shirts, shirts and it looks cute also over a nice and casual dress.
You will need:
– old denim jacket;
– thin rope;
– water and bleach;
– a bowl for your vest to fit it;
– studs (optional).
1. Take the scissors and the first thing you have to do is to cut the sleeves of the denim jacket. Try to make the cuts as close as possible to the hem of the shoulders.
2. Take the thin rope and start tying the vest in a strange shape similar to the one you can see in the picture.
3. Take the bowl and prepare a solution of water and bleach in it. The proportions depend on how much you want to bleach the vest.
4. Soak your vest in the solution for 20 minutes then take it out, rinse it and cut the rope.
5. Leave your vest to dry and if you want you can add some studs to the neck of your vest.
You have just added an awesome fashion item to your closet!
Check out also:
Keep being AllDayChic!