Do you want to have a sense of style that helps you look good and feel great? While there are many elements to a fashionable and usable wardrobe, you shouldn’t ignore accessories.
How you accessorize an outfit can make all the difference. Most outfits don’t look complete without some carefully selected accessories, but sometimes, less is more. Finding the right items to complete your look is key, and from bags to bracelets to belts, accessories can change the aesthetic and vibe of an outfit.
This is why having some staples as well as some playful pieces is so important.
Get seven tips on how to take your wardrobe up a notch in this helpful guide.
8 Simple Accessory Ideas
Adding beautiful, fashionable accessories to your wardrobe doesn’t have to be complicated or break the bank. You can select some staple pieces and a few statement options and go from there. Here are eight accessory ideas you can follow, and always feel free to add your creativity as you go.
1. Have three usable bags: While some people like to collect bags, and there’s nothing wrong with this, you should start with three. The first should be a purse you use for daily items, and the second should be a quality tote or larger errand bag. Finally, the third should be a fancier handbag.
2. Get statement sunglasses: A carefully selected pair of sunglasses can change the mood of an outfit. From a bold cat-eye shape to a playful heart-shaped option, sunglasses don’t have to be affordable to look great.
3. Be playful with hats: It’s understandable to be a bit wary of wearing outlandish hats, although if you have the confidence, there’s nothing wrong with being bold. But, for summer especially, a straw hat looks chic and protects you from the sun.
4. Don’t forget about shoes: If you’re generally not someone who loves picking out shoes, you may forget they’re essential to most outfits. Not only do your shoes support you as you go throughout your day, but they also pull a look together. Make sure you have comfortable but quality daily shoes and some fun pairs, too.
5. Consider a signature necklace: It’s always exciting to have a lot of jewelry items to choose from, but it’s easy to forget to wear them all. Alternatively, if you’re trying to downsize your closet, you could pick some signature pieces that you wear often.
6. Play around with hair accessories: With TikTok and other social media, fashion has become more versatile and individualized than ever before. Many individuals are mixing styles from different decades and adding modern flair. One easy way to do this is by adding barrettes, headbands, and other options for your hair.
7. Keep a couple of scarves around: Not everyone is big into scarves, but having a couple of them in your closet is a good idea. To protect yourself from cold winter temperatures, try a heavier option. Then, a silk scarf works great for casual days when you’re on the go.
8. Get a usable watch: Men aren’t the only ones who can look elegant with a nice watch. Even if you don’t wear one every day, it does elevate a look.
If you add the above accessories to your closet, you’ll have a good assortment of choices you can add to various outfits. You don’t have to be a maximalist or have choices, as just a couple of key pieces from each category make all the difference.
Keep being AllDayChic!