Getting a girl to like you isn’t rocket science. However, for most men, it’s often the hardest thing to do; especially when you really like her and wouldn’t want to mess things up. In most cases, “Go Big or Go Home” isn’t usually the best approach. Sometimes, the win is hidden among the little things you do.
So, forget about picking her up in a fancy car, taking her to the best restaurant in town, or even showering her with gifts. Here are a few easy, affordable, and charming tips that will sweep her off her feet:
1. First, Prepare Yourself (Grooming)
This is very important. Unkempt hair, body odor, bad breath, dirty fingernails, a scraggy beard are major turn-offs for most ladies. Note that girls are more likely to fall for a well-groomed man. In fact, if you are going on a date, she’ll appreciate the effort you put in to look good for her.
To be safe, assume that she’ll judge you based on how you look. Hence, the need to put your best foot forward. This means making sure you smell good, your nails are neat, you’re well dressed, your beard is conditioned & brushed properly, and your hair is well-trimmed.
But! What if she’s someone you see every day (at work, favorite diner, the metro) and are still figuring out how to approach her? Does that mean you should visit your barber every two days for a hair trim or touch-up? No. You just need to get yourself a proper grooming kit and one of the best cordless hair clippers you can find. With the help of a few YouTube tutorials and some practice, you’ll be good to go.
2. Be Chivalrous
“Chivalry isn’t dead.” Believe that. Girls love being treated nicely. So, if you want to woo her, you need to treat her like a queen. Funnily enough, it’s never that complicated. You can be chivalrous through very small deeds. For example:
- Opening the door for her;
- Helping with her luggage;
- Holding the lift for her;
- Pulling a chair;
- Helping her take off a coat;
- In fact, giving her your coat when it’s chilly.
I know all these acts might come off as old-school. But, if they improve your chances, why not? Ladies enjoy the company of men who are cool, courteous, respectful, kind, and fun to be with.
3. Always Make Sure She Is Comfy Around You
Comfortability matters. It allows for a smooth conversation, less tension, and a conducive environment for you two to know more about each other. So, how can you achieve this? Well, aside from being well-groomed and chivalrous, you should;
- Loosen and open up. Because if you’re tense, she will be too.
- Crack a joke or show her a funny meme. Try to get her laughing. Talk about something (a past experience) that will definitely make her giggle.
- Compliment her looks/style/dressing/vibe/smile.
- If she’s quiet and uneasy, ask questions about her and listen. Let her steer the conversation. She’ll be comfier with that and you’ll get to learn a few interesting things in the process.
- If she’s talkative, listen. Ladies love good listeners. Plus, at some point, she’ll realize she’s said too much and will ask about you. And that will be your cue to talk.
4. Don’t Be Distracted
Lastly, the easiest way to make a girl feel important is to treat her like she’s the only person in the world. So, ignore your phone, maintain eye contact, be attentive, listen to what she’s saying and try to understand it.
If she says something funny, laugh. Emphasize. Ask questions. Contribute to the conversation and so on. Just make sure she knows, sees, and feels that you’re always there with her whenever you meet up.
Keep being AllDayChic!