No matter the size you are, sometimes clothes can make you look like you have a little bit more extra on you. Certain materials, patterns and the clothing combinations used are just some of the things that can cause a reality distortioning effect on the body. If you are very skinny, you might want that, as not all the people in this world have problems with weight, but if you do have some and you want to hide that, you can avoid these situations when clothes make you look fat. So, what can you do to stop making these mistakes? Follow our simple and easy to follow advices in the article!
When do clothes make you look fat?
1. When you wear clothes that are meant for men – clothes that are designed for a more masculine style are definitely making someone look different than clothes especially tailored for a womans body, no matter if we talk here about suits or comfortable sport clothes. We know, sometimes you love to wear your boyfriends clothes because you are more comfortable in them but take in consideration the facts that your body will look rectangular covering your butt, breasts and hips, which are attractive in a woman.
2. When you wear bad quality clothes – which get ratty really quickly and give an untidy look. Try to invest in quality clothes, even if you can’t afford buying many, at least have 2-3 pieces for more important events in your life.
3. When you wear tight clothes that don’t fit – this might be one of the most serious reasons of why some people look fat. In their attempt to hide a little extra weight, by wearing clothes that don’t fit, they actually gather everyones the attention on themselves. They think that if they get clothes a few sizes smaller than their actual size people will see them with less weight. Wrong! Get the clothes that are right for your size and shape, not too tight, not very loose, just the right size.
4. When you wear bustiers – ok, they have a clear purpose, to make your bust look bigger and create more cleavage, but sometimes it might be too much, especially if you don’t get the right size of bustier. We know you have the desire to look attractive, but you might look fat and unflattering.
5. When you wear baggy clothes – which are different from oversized clothes, but unfortunately, both can make you look fat. In some cases, oversized clothes can be successfully combined with some cute high heels or some tight jeans, but baggy clothes, they are just too much, if you want to avoid looking fat, avoid baggy clothes!
Photo courtesy: vivirsalud.
Keep being AllDayChic!