No matter how clean you keep your mouth, at one point or another, you can have a bad breath, just from the simple reason that you might have eaten something that is smelly and odor comes out from your stomach, or you had food, didn’t brush teeth immediately and the bacteria left there spreaded and created bad smell. In many cases, of course, bad breath is caused by cavities or tartar, which is bacteria that sticks to your tooth and calcifies when it is not removed. One of the most important things we have to do it to always carry a toothbrush with us and toothpaste and brush teeth, but unfortunately time or other factors stop us from doing it all the time. This is why we might need a few tricks when we feel our mouth is starting to smell badly. Chewing gum can be an immediate solution, but we all know that most of them contain artificial flavoring and worse, aspartame, which is an artificial sweetener. For this reason we come up with a few healthier solutions for you that will eliminate bad breath on the long run and make you feel better about yourself and first we want to tell you again, all the causes why you might have a bad breath and see what you can eliminate from the list (at least we know you can stop smoking).
Causes of bad breath:
– poor oral hygiene;
– eating and drinking certain foods and drinks: garlic, sweet soda juices, etc.
– diets based on low carbs (low carb foods help the body to break down fat which produce chemicals like ketone, which are smelly;
– certain medical conditions like throat and nose infections;
– other illnesses.
Ways you can eliminate bad breath:
1. Use lemon and ginger juice – put 1 tsp of lemon juice and 1 tsp of ginger juice in a cup and fill it with warm water. If you lack ginger juice, grate some ginger and blend with the rest. Use this mixture to gargle in the morning and before bed so you eliminate bad breath, it is a good and healthy way to do that.
2. Use pomegranate – peel one pomegranate and let the peel to dry. Blend it and make a powder, then use about 3 g of the powder in a cup of water and drink it or gargle with it twice a day.
3. Use baking powder – put 2 tsp in a glass of water and gargle twice a day, everyday.
4. Use parsley – and no, you don’t have to eat the leaves, you just boil them and with the remaining water you gargle or rinse your mouth twice a day.
5. Chew some mint leaves – that is a quick and natural method to do that. Gives instant freshness in your mouth.
6. Eat a banana – rich in carbs will help eliminate the bad breath especially when you are dieting with a low carb diet.
7. Avoid having a dry mouth – saliva helps clean your mouth, doesn’t let bacteria to spread so much and it is naturally antibacterial.
8. Drink green tea – it has antibacterial compounds that fight the germs in your mouth.
9. Use cinnamon – boil a few sticks in some water and drink it, it has great properties to eliminate bad breath.
10. Stop smoking – if you tried and you can’t, we advise you to search for proper help and do it for your own health and wealth and of course, for eliminating bad breath!
Photo courtesy: random internet photos.
Keep being AllDayChic!