Living alone can be great and boring in the same time. Think of the periods you have absolute silence and you can relax and think of the times when you need the help of someone with something. If you enjoy living solo, you’ll be happy with the hacks you will find out here on how to make your life easier. Let’s find out what are the common things someone need helps with and how to do them by yourself.
1. Use a rubber band to open a jar.
When you don’t have a strong friend that can help you out with opening a jar, just take two rubber bands, place one over the cap and one on the middle of the jar and you will open it with ease.
2. Leftover wine can be stored in mason jars.
If you have some leftover wine from when you have shared a bottle with someone, just take a clean jar and pour it in, you don’t want the wine to get air and who knows when are you gonna finish it.
3. To avoid a bottle of soda to go flat just shake it (it will stay fizzy for weeks).
4. Move heavy appliances easier with Windex.
If you are into changing stuff around in the house, use some Windex to help heavy things to slide easier.
5. Keep your products fresh for a longer period of time with Ethylene Gas Guardian pods (double the life of fruits and veggies).
6. Better align pictures on the wall with toothpaste.
7. Peppermint oil helps to keep mice away.
Dab some oil on cotton balls and leave some around the house, the benefits will be double, peppermint smells amazing and fresh.
8. Zip up your clothes by yourself with a safety pin and a piece of string.
9.Use scotch tape to secure a bracelet while you try to put it on.
11. How to unclog the toilet.
Cleaning the toilet is nasty and we usually want someone else to do it. Use some dish soap and hot water in the toilet bowl to unclog it.
12. Put a bed cover on in a few seconds.
When you don’t have help with changing the sheets use this simple trick: fold the cover into quarters then you have to slide the long crease of the cover and with your fingers hold open two corners of it and just shake it.
13. Keep cockroaches away with placing bay leaves around the corners of the house.
14. When reheating leftovers put a paper towel over the top of the plate and put it into the microwave.
15. You can wash other things than dishes in the dishwasher, like: brushes, rain boots, pet toys, sink sponges, etc.
Photo courtesy: diply.
Keep being AllDayChic!