Waxing is a painful procedure for most women, but a very practical one as it slows down the growth of the hair and this gives less stressful times to us and a much smoother skin for a longer period of time. When we shave, usually in less than 2 days the hair grows back as you don’t take out the root of the hair, but while waxing you pull out the hair follicle and it takes more time to grow back. Because of this reason waxing is more useful and advantageous in terms of time and results. Nowadays you can wax any part of the body in a salon and if you are just at the beginning with your waxing procedures, these tips will be useful for you. Either going to a salon, either trying this out at home, you will need to know and apply a few things in order to make the process less painful and the results last more.
Things beginners should know about waxing:
– before waxing, if you want to prevent some pain take an anti-inflammatory pill like Advil;
– you can exfoliate skin ode day prior waxing;
– don’t use any lotions on skin the same day you want to get a wax;
– waxing usually can be done every 3-4 weeks, depending on how fast your hair grows;
– don’t use any scrub on skin the next 48 hours as the skin it is still sensitive;
– don’t expose skin to sun the next day;
– after the area has rested, to prevent bumps, when you take a shower, do another exfoliation and this will prevent them, but only after the skin have rested.
– at least 2 hours after a wax while the pores are still open don’t get any shower.
Keep being AllDayChic!