The season is freezing and you are bedecked in the latest winter fashion from head to toe. As you remove your mittens to reach for that cup of coffee, make sure that your nails too are drenched in the height of fashion, with this trendy tutorial for nail art, which will be the highlight of the season!
– base coat and top coat;
– dark, medium and light blue nail polish;
– white crème polish;
– black dotting tool or toothpick;
– makeup sponge;
– nail art brush.
1. Apply the base coat over your nails and then cover them with light blue nail polish.
2. Now, create a smooth gradient with the three shades of blue. The dark one should be near the cuticle and the lighter one on the nail edge.
3. Use the nail art brush, and paint the edges with white polish to create uneven-looking mounds of snow.
4. Take the dark polish and create a thin vertical line on each line, capped with an arrow shape. This is the starting point for placing trees on your nail art.
5. Add lines down the trunk to create a ‘fir’ tree effect. Make another tree in white on the other edge.
6. Now, use the toothpick and add white polish dots all over, to give the illusion of snowfall.
7. Finish off with the top coat.
Photo credit: Kayla Shevonne.
Keep being AllDayChic!