You can recycle big plastic bottles and transform them into amazing swan pot planters. They are nice and you will love the outcome. When you start to work on this project you may find that it may take you about 30 minutes to do this. You will need: 5L plastic bottle, sand, thick wire, plaster, 2 metal grates, bandage, paint.
1. Cut one side of the plastic bottle and remove it.
2. Fill the bottle with sand to prepare it for building the swan shape.
3. Introduce a thick wire into the bottle, through its cap. Fix it into the sand then try to shape it in the form of a swan’s neck.
4. Cover bottle with plaster and add two rectangular metal grates on the sides for wing bases.
5. Cover the complete figure with plaster, modeling.
6. Take a thin layer of bandage and wrap it around the swan’s neck and head. Make realistic forms of head, neck and wings by adding more plaster and modeling.
7. Paint over the swan’s features and remove sand. And Voila!
Photo courtesy: pikabu.
Keep being AllDayChic!