One of the cutest things you can make as a dessert for the winter holidays is this melting snowman marshmallow recipe. It became so popular that for years and years people choose to make them in winter. It is awesome for the kids, they will love the idea and even your most sophisticated guests will have their “hearts melted” when they see this. This recipe is easy to make, it might take you around one hour and then, the cookies will be ready to be devoured!
1. For the cookies:
– circle cookie cutters;
– 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted and softened butter;
– 1 and half cups granulated sugar;
– 1 egg;
– 2 tsp vanilla extract;
– 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour;
– 1 tsp baking powder;
– 1 tsp of salt.
– black food marker;
– chocolate icing;
– white icing;
– red icing
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and in a large bowl put the following ingredients: the butter and sugar and beat them until they are fluffy. Put the eggs and extract inside and keep beating. Mix the baking soda with the flour and salt and pour it slowly into the bowl until you have a dough.
2. Roll the dough out and cut the shapes out with the cookie cutter.
3. Bake them for 10 – 15 minutes until golden brown.
4. Start decorating the cookies with the white frosting then insert the marshmallows in the frosting.
5. Make the nose, ears and all the details of the snowman as you like and they will be ready, looking amazing and tasting the same way they look!
Photo courtesy: peteava
Keep Being AllDayChic!