When you put your nails in the sun there is always a portion of the nail that is highlighted by the light and it looks kind of nice and shinny. Highlights make your manicure look fresh and cute and give a different way to approach to classic nails. Besides the bright look, this type of nail art looks like you have just gotten out from a comic book.
What you will need:
– nail polish in the color you want (for the base);
– light beige or white nail polish (for the highlights);
– scotch tape.
1. Apply the base nail polish in the color you picked to your nails and let it dry.
2. Take the scotch tape and cut small pieces of it then stick two on every nail in a parallel way, but leave some space between them. You want the light a little away from the middle so position the tape in a way that the highlights will be lateral.
3. Take the light colored nail polish and apply it to the space between the scotch tape (not all the way, from down to up, just in between.
4. After you have let the polish to dry just a little bit, remove the tape, wait until everything dried completely and your highlights are ready!
Photo courtesy: talkingtrashwastingtime.
Keep being AllDayChic!