Gaining weight while being pregnant is almost inevitable. Every woman who wants to deliver a baby, at one point will have to face and be ok with gaining weight. It is a natural and normal process and accepting it, will make her life easier. A little more extra on is not a problem if you are committed to lose it after the pregnancy. A lot of mommies who have just had a baby go through stressful periods, as all of their body is changed and if you are on of them you know how it feels. Eating is very important, not only for you, but also for your baby, especially if you breast feed, that means that a diet is not very welcomed.
The body needs nourishment that can help it to regenerate and feed the baby. If you are a fresh mom, who faces weight loss problems or if you are a fresh mom to be, you need to know this! We will tell you a few tips on how to lose weight fast after a pregnancy that will make you become your old and skinny version! Understand this will not happen overnight and good habits are needed!
How to lose weight fast after pregnancy:
1. Keep Breastfeeding – your baby needs it and you have to be careful with what you eat, a diet high in vitamins and minerals it is extremely important. Besides the benefits for the child, breastfeeding really help you lose weight faster and this happens because it turns out that your body burns extra 500 calories a day while breastfeeding.
2. Take Your Time – don’t rush to start a weight loss program in the first day after delivering, wait a few days, so your body adjusts to the new changes and this will help you on the long run. If you do something stupid from the beginning, it might create you problems and make losing weight harder. Keep eating the right food, so you have milk and you can continue breastfeeding.
3. Eat Small Meals – don’t skip breakfast or any other meals, instead make them maybe smaller and eat them more often. You could rather have a big meal in the morning and smaller ones during the day, this will still give you the necessary calories and your digestion will be easier and will help your body heal.
4. Keep Exercising – if you are a fresh mom it doesn’t mean you have to stop exercising, start with easy exercises and some stretching, but not earlier than 3 weeks after you have delivered. You can later increase the difficulty of them, and actually help your body recover. In the beginning you can move more, walk a little bit more, but do it in a way it doesn’t make you feel worse. After one week of delivering you can start short 20 min walks.
5. Eat Healthy – avoid junk food as much as you can, we know you crave for it, but avoid it! Eat as raw and healthy as possible, will accelerate natural metabolism and help you lose weight.
6. Think Positive – don’t let yourself get into depression, everything can be changed with will power and accept your body as it is for a while. It will help you on the lung run and will make you be ready for exercising much earlier. Know you can do it and you will!
7. Ask For Your Partners Support – most women will get it anyway, but if you need to tell your partner what to do almost all the time, then ask him to encourage you and support you, ask him to come and walk with you and make your bond even stronger!
Keep being AllDayChic!