Every woman has a different skin type and every skin type should be treated differently with the right moisturizers, face wash, shower gels, creams and everything designed to be put on skin, even fabrics. There are certain types which are allergic to synthetic fabric and they can accept only cotton. So, it is very important to know yourself better and become conscious about what type of skin you actually have and take care of it properly as you should. Today we will give you details about all skin types that are out there and we hope you can identify yourself in one category. We will also give you a few tips on how you can take care of the skin depending on which type you have. In order for you to identify the right one, we suggest you to gently wash your face, pat it dry and wait a couple of hours to see how it feels. Have a few napkins with you and test some areas to see if they get oily or not.
1. Normal Skin:
– it is not too oily and not too dry, feels equal in all areas;
– has a few variances in pigmentation and probably tones too;
– blemish free and almost invisible pores;
– it looks clear and smooth;
– minimal lines or wrinkles;
– your skin doesn’t feel dry at the end of the day, doesn’t feel tight and doesn’t feel oily either;
– pick products like: cucumber toners ( they give the skin enough moisturizing and glow) and alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) exfoliant to reduce wrinkles.
2. Oily Skin:
– it has a shiny appearance from the oils;
– large and visible pores;
– presence of acne, blemishes and blackheads;
– pick products like: citrus based cleansers because they will make the skin dryer, exfoliators (use them with regularity), proper moisturizing products (even if the skin is oily it still needs moisturizing products).
3. Dry Skin:
– no shine;
– presence of red and flaky patches;
– small pores;
– less elasticity;
– early development of fine lines and wrinkles;
– pick products like: deep moisturizers as your skin needs a lot of elasticity and moisture, avoid scrubbing while bathing or drying, avoid rough cleaning agents.
4. Combination Skin:
– can be a combination of oily and dry skin which is harder to deal with;
– areas like chin, nose and forehead can be very oily and the rest of skin can be very dry;
– large pores and high possibility to develop blackheads;
– pick products like: creams with rosemary extract, combine the skin care with multiple products on different areas meaning where you have oily skin apply one product and where you have dry skin apply a different product.
5. Sensitive Skin:
– presence of patches and redness;
– prone to easily get rashes and irritations;
– pick products that contain tea tree for its calming effects, always use sunscreen product and avoid anything that is harsh, search for products in stores that have “sensitive skin” on them.
Keep being AllDayChic!