No matter if summer or winter our lips require special care. In summer we need to protect them from sun and in winter from cold and wind. It is very important that besides having a healthy lifestyle, drinking plenty of water, to hydrate them and protect them the right way. If you like to make your own beauty products we have a tutorial for you today on how to make your own lip balm, all with natural ingredients. This recipe is very cheap, so for a few dollars of investment you will get lip balm for moths for you and your friends too.
– some empty lip balm containers (at least 10, you will need them);
– coconut oil;
– shea butter;
– organic beeswax blocks;
– pure lanolin;
– rosemary oil;
– peppermint oil;
– container with lid;
– mini kitchen scale
1. Take 2 oz. of beeswax blocks and melt them in a pan on low heat.
2. You will need twice as much oils, so measure 4 oz. of them as follows: 3 oz coconut oil, 3/4 oz. shea butter and 1/4 oz. pure lanolin. You can keep out the lanolin if you don’t have and then use 3 oz. of coconut oil and 1 oz. of shea butter, or replace it with something else and similar.
3. Drop the oils into the melted beeswax and mix everything until all the ingredients blend together and are omogen.
4. Put a few drops of peppermint oil and rosemary oil into the mixture and the number of drops depend on how scented you like your balm. Try with 15 drops of peppermint oil and 10 drops of rosemary oil.
5. Put the melted balm in the lip balm containers and let them cool down, you can put some in a container too and carry it with you that way also.
Photo courtesy: brokeandhealthy.
Keep being AllDayChic!