If you do your nails with normal nail polish you know a lot of them don’t last very long and probably a lot of times it happened to you to run out of nail polish remover and this thing occurred exactly when you needed it the most! What to do in this type of situation? Maybe you had to go somewhere and you didn’t have the time to buy a new bottle, maybe your nails chopped and your boyfriend was coming around. Of course you didn’t wanted to look as a negligent person and you wanted a fast solution for your problem! If you didn’t find it then, we hope you will find it now in our article and remember these ways you can remove nail polish without having a nail polish remover.
Emergency nail polish removers:
1. Hairspray – just take your normal product and spray it over the polish, be quick and rub it with some cotton buds. Now, there are several brands which might not work and some that might work better, it is good to give them a try.
2. Perfume – spray some on a cotton bud and rub your nails with it.
3. Deodorant – especially the ones that contain solvents, they have a high chance to remove polish from nails, just spray over the nails and use a cotton bud to rub the polish off.
4. Top Coat – apply one layer over your nails, wait a few seconds until it will make the old polish dissolve, then do the regular cleaning. It is good to do one nail at a time so the top coat doesn’t have time to dry on the rest of the nails while you are cleaning them one after the other.
5. Body Spray – use it on a cotton bud, soak the bud with the product and rub your nails until the polish is removed.
6. Rubbing Alcohol – use it as a regular nail polish remover, it is very efficient.
7. Vinegar – mixed with some lemon juice, on a cotton bud, can remove the polish, just be aware it takes some time to the polish to soften, so keep rubbing.
Photo courtesy: missrusty.
Keep being AllDayChic!