Summer or winter, there are accessories that work for every season! With some spare time on your hands, you can work up magic for your wrists, by creating awfully cute bracelets in the cheery colours of summer, made entirely of satin string cord!
This is one tutorial that we would really like to go through to pep up our outfits for anytime chic!
You will need:
– scissors and tape;
– 2 pieces of satin rope cord in a summery pastel colour;
– 2 pieces of 1’’ gold or silver coloured crimp ends;
– 2 jump rings;
– lobster clasp with tag connector;
– needle nose pliers;
– cardboard and toothpicks.
How to make:
1. Firstly, open up the crimp ends with the nose pliers.
2. Pick up one of the satin cord pieces and fold it in half.
3. Lay it down on a flat surface and make a loop.
4. Fold the other piece of cord also in half and lay it under the looped first cord.
5. Use the bottom cord to loop over and then under the ends of the loop of the first cord.
6. Now, wrap it over one half of the loop, then under itself and then over the second half of the loop.
7. A knot is now formed. Tug at it gently from the corners to tighten and flatten it.
8. At this juncture, measure how long you want your bracelet to be.
9. Once decided, tape over the edges of the four strands where you intend to cut the cord.
10. Take the scissors, and cut all four ends after the tape. This is to ensure that the tape holds the strands together after being cut.
11. The silk cords tend to unravel on being cut, hence now you need to apply epoxy glue to the ends with a toothpick.
12. Let it dry for a while.
13. Place the taped and ‘epoxied’ end into the crimp end and close with nose pliers. Allow to dry for 24 hours.
14. Now, add a clasp and the two jump rings to the crimp ends.
You are now the proud owner of a gorgeous hand-crafted bracelet! And best of all, it is known to cost a little over a dollar, so make a bunch of these, share and spread cheer!
See also: DIY – Amazing Bracelet Projects.
Keep being AllDayChic!
Photo courtesy: dans-le-townhouse.