Be creative in your kitchen and start cooking this strawberry cake, in the shape of a snake! If you really want to impress anyone with your skills, then you must try it out! The family and your friends will definitely love it! You can also involve your kids in making this full of fun and delicious desert. The strawberry shortcake snake is also the perfect fit for any party, so another reason to try it out! Make sure you have all the ingredients needed then check out the preparation directions and video below. Have fun!
What you will need:
– 2 cups all-purpose flour;
– 4 tbsp of baking powder;
– 2 tbsp sugar;
– 3/4 teaspoon of salt;
– 1/2 cup butter (1 stick);
– 1 cup of milk.
– fresh strawberries;
– whipped cream.
– green fruit leather (to create the tongue and maybe the eyes);
– mini M&M’s for the eyes (if not, the fruit leather will work too);
– 4 whole strawberries (for the heads).
– a large bowl and different kitchen tools and utensils;
– baking sheet.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit then in a bowl mix together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
2. Take a grater and grate the butter into the bowl.
3. Mix the dry ingredients with the butter then add the milk to it. Keep mixing.
4. After your dough is ready in the bowl, move on a floured working surface and gently roll it out into 1-inch-thick rectangle (6 x 8 inches).
5. Take a pizza cutter or a knife and slice the dough into 4 equal pieces.
6. Prepare a tray with baking sheet then put the slices of dough in it.
7. Gently, curve each slice into a snake shape and bake for 10-20 minutes until golden brown.
8. Wash the strawberries, slice them lengthwise and sprinkle some sugar over them.
9. After your shortcakes are baked, let them cool down and cut them horizontally in the middle.
10. Arrange the berries on the bottom half of each shortcake then cover with the top.
11. Add the whipped cream to each “snake top” and add a layer of strawberries to each one, exactly how you can see in the picture.
12. To create the head, make some tongues and eyes out of the green fruit leather.
13. Attach the tongue and eyes to one full strawberry and then sit the head next to the body on a beautiful plate.
14. Your strawberry shortcake snake is ready to be served and tasted!
Photo courtesy: Family Fun Magazine.
Keep being AllDayChic.