The sight of a sinful chocolate cake can get most of forget our manners and start drooling wherever we are! However, some of us also suffer from gluten allergies, or may simply avoid dairy and egg inclusions in their vegan diets, which are critical ingredients in a regular cake. But, we can always figure out a way to satisfy our cravings for chocolate cake, right? Check out the directions and the video below to see the procedure.
You will need:
– cake tin lined with parchment or butter paper;
– measuring cups;
– balloon whisk.
– 1.5 cups of plain flour;
– 0.5 Tbsp Salt;
– 1 Cup granulated Sugar;
– 1 tspn vanilla extract;
– 3 tbsp cocoa powder;
– 1 tbsp baking soda;
– 1 tbsp white vinegar;
– 5 tbsp vegetable oil;
– 1 cup water.
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2.Add all the dry ingredients together in the cake tin.
3. Use the balloon whisk to mix the ingredients to a fine light brown powder.
4. Make three ‘wells’ in this mix, one big and two small ones.
5. Add the vanilla extract and distilled vinegar to the smaller wells separately and the vegetable oil in the large one.
6. Then add a cup of water over this and whisk them all together to make light and frothy chocolate mixture. Make sure not to whisk to hard or else the paper might rupture!
7. Once you have completely whisked it into a paste, put it onto the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
8. Check with a skewer to see if it is baked well.
The cake is done! But while we are waiting for it to cool down, we can quickly prepare some icing to go with it. So here is how we can do it:
You will need:
– 55 grams icing sugar;
– 55 grams margarine or non-dairy butter;
– 2 tbsp cocoa powder;
– 1 tspn vanilla flavouring;
– a spatula.
1. Add all the ingredients into a bowl.
2. Make sure to sieve the sugar before adding because there may be some bumps in it.
3. Mix with the spatula until is creamy and spreadable.
Once the cake is cool, spread the icing, and enjoy the most delicious gluten-free vegan cake that you can ever lay your hands on!
Keep being AllDayChic!