This is one of those desserts that doesn’t require a lot of making time. It is fast, easy and extremely delicious, everyone will love it and the flavour combo is probably one of the best ones! The quantities depend on how many people will serve the dessert, so it is up to you to decide (the ones we present are enough for 6 glasses). Anyway, it is good to buy a little more than needed, you never know if you will love it so much that you will want to eat 2! This is one of those recipes worth trying!
What you will need:
1. For the assembly:
– a few bananas (you can use 2 for 6 cups);
– graham cracker crumbles;
– whipped cream;
– caramel sauce or dulce de leche;
– vanilla pastry cream;
– a few large glasses (you will make the dessert in them);
– crushed nuts.
2. For the graham cracker crumbles:
– 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10 full sized crackers);
– 1/3 cup melted butter;
– 1 tbsp of sugar.
3. For the vanilla pastry cream:
– about 2/3 cup of sugar or a little less if you like it less sweet;
– 1/4 cup cornstarch;
– 1/2 tsp salt;
– 3 cups whole milk;
– 2 eggs;
– 2 tbsp butter;
– 1 tbsp of vanilla extract (or 2 tsp vanilla extract and 1 tsp vanilla bean paste)
How to make the graham crackers: First, crush the crackers in a bag then put the crumbs in a larger pan where you will add the sugar and butter and you will stir until they are all combined. Put the composition in a casserole, bake for 10-15 minutes at 350*F until you can see the crumbs turned light brown.
How to make the vanilla pastry cream: In a normal sized bowl beat the eggs and sit them to the side. Take a saucepan and put the following ingredients in it: sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Cook everything over medium heat and add gradually the milk, you have to stir almost constantly until the mixture will boil and thicken. Put a few tablespoons of the mixture into the egg bowl, mix, then add the eggs in the saucepan while stirring continuously for one more minute. Remove everything from heat and add the butter and vanilla to the cream. Let the cream cool down so you can use it.
How to assembly:
1. Prepare your glasses and start by adding two teaspoons of graham cracker crumbs in each one. Use another glass to press the crumble down so you have a firm layer.
2. The next layer will be the vanilla pastry cream and then you will add about 3-4 slices of banana over the cream layer.
3. Add a layer of whipped cream, a few crumbles and some caramel in each glass.
4. Repeat the layers and in the end decorate with a slice of banana, some crushed nuts and some caramel. Enjoy!
Keep being AllDayChic!