If you have a special occasion coming up or you just want to impress your family and guests with something sweet, we have a beautiful looking blueberry striped cake recipe for you. It’s easy to make and don’t require a lot of time.
You will need:
1. For the base:
– 3 eggs;
– 130 g sugar;
– 100 g flour;
– 30g cocoa powder;
– 1 pinch of salt.
2. For the middle dough ( 2 trays):
– 6 eggs;
– 300 g sugar;
– 300 g flour (00 type);
– 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
3. For the filling and decoration:
– 1 jar of blueberry jam;
– 400 g whipped cream;
– 200 g Philadelphia cream cheese.
1. You start with the base and take the eggs (room temperature) and beat them with the sugar for 15 minutes. After that, with the help of a spatula mix everything together with the flour and cocoa powder. Put in the pinch of the salt and then take the composition, put it into a round mold and bake it at 170 degrees for 40 minutes.
2. Now, for the middle dough: beat the eggs with the sugar until they become fluffy (around 5 minutes). Gradually add the flour and baking powder to the mixture and make sure that everything is well blended. Put some baking paper into the tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 8-10 min. Then remove the paper. Do it again for the other half.
3. Prepare the cream filling: take the whipped cream and mix it with the Philadelphia cheese until you get a cream.
Cake Assembly: Take the base and cut it into 2 round halfs. Put a layer of cream filling and be sure to leave some more for one more layer and decorating also. Take the dough you will put into the middle and cut it in dreptunghiular pieces like in the pictures. Put the blueberry jam on each piece and start rolling until you reach the dimensions of the round base. Put another layer of cream over it. Then, put the other half of the base on top of it, then start decorating the cake. Don’t forget to put some more blueberry jam on the top of the cake for more effect and you are done!
Keep being AllDayChic!