Cheese and bacon are probably the ingredients that make every food more delicious and when they come together in a dish the taste in the mouth is peerless. For that reason we have a quick and cheap recipe idea for you that involves using both in a very creative way. They are awesome to be served as appetizers next to other cooked food, or they can be used as afternoon snacks. We are sure your hubby would love them as game snacks too, so give them a try, either to make them for you or for your loved ones! Won’t take you more than 15 minutes to make them!
What you will need:
– 8 slices of crustless bread;
– 8 slices of cheese or one and a half cup of grated cheddar;
– 8 slices of precooked bacon;
– quarter cup of butter;
– rolling pin;
– some toothpicks;
– flat pan and a tong.
1. With the rolling pin, roll the slices of bread until they are flat.
2. Put the cheese slice over the bread or 3 tablespoons of grated cheddar and roll the bread.
3. Roll one slice of bacon over it and secure with a few toothpicks.
4. Repeat this for all slices then place them in a heated pan with butter in it.
5. Use a tong to make sure that butter is all over the rolls.
6. Fry them until brown and the cheese is melted.
7. Serve them immediately as they are best when cheese is warm and melted and the bacon is crispy! Hmmm …. yummy!
Photo courtesy: spendwithpennies.
Keep being AllDayChic!