When we hear of cheesecake and strawberry together in a dessert there is nothing to doubt it is a delicious combination. Chimichangas are really deep fried burritos popular in US and this recipe is a sweet/salty combination. It is quick to make and perfect to be eaten at all times even in mornings for breakfast.
– 6 soft flour tortillas ( 8 inch each);
– 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature;
– 2 tbsp of sour cream;
– 1 tbsp of sugar;
– 1 tsp of vanilla extract;
– 1 cup sliced strawberries;
– some vegetable oil for frying;
Ingredients for coating and serving:
– 1 tbsp cinnamon;
– half cup sugar;
– some sliced strawberries.
1. Take the following ingredients: the cream cheese, the sour cream the sugar and vanilla extract and beat them then fold in the strawberries.
2. The mixture has to be divided in 6 for each tortilla so fill in each one, fold the two sides, roll, then secure with a toothpick so it won’t come out.
3. The half cup sugar with the cinnamon have to be mixed and left aside in a small bowl.
4. In a small saucepan put some vegetable oil and fry the tortillas until they are golden brown and crispy.
5. Take them out from the oil and put them on a paper that soaks the excess out.
6. Roll them in the cinnamon and sugar mixture, remove the toothpicks and they are ready to be served!
Keep being AllDayChic!