A hairstyle defines you, completes you and helps put your best foot forward. Isn’t this the reason why we trust our stylists so much, and can go deeper into that wallet to have that fabulous haircut! But there may have also been numerous times that you thought you would come out of the salon looking like a movie star while you actually start looking like a slob! Well, come on now, your stylist may not be the real one to blame.
Go through this checklist before you head to the salon next:
1. Get Pictures: Remember, your stylist can work over your head, not inside. So it is important to take some pictures along to give her an idea of your taste and what exactly you are looking for.
2. Helps to be realistic: Now, even if you take those pictures along, chances still are, that the cut on that celebrity might not look the same on your hair! Factor in hair texture, colour, fall etc. Even if you got it all, remember that celebs walk with an entourage whose only job is to make her look glamorous at all times. Nope not possible for us all, therefore go with an open mind and be realistic!
3. Communicate the Rules: If you think that there are certain non-negotiable elements to your haircut, for eg: length of hair, bangs etc, make sure you communicate. You can’t scream at the stylist later if you wanted to retain your waist length hair which she chopped till the shoulder!
4. Hand gestures: Our interpretation of the world is different from each other. The meaning of ‘shoulder length’ for you may be different from how the stylist thinks of it. You must hence try to show with your hands and actions what exactly is the look that you are expecting to achieve.
5. Make friends: Our friends know exactly who we are and what we want, right? So, establish that bond with your stylist. Once you find the perfect one for you, stick on to them and don’t let go!
Image Credit: Getty, Shutterstock.
Keep being AllDayChic!