One of the worst beauty nightmares of every woman is to wake up with dark circles and puffy eyes. It can happen very often, either you don’t get enough sleep, you spend the entire night partying or you are just stressed and have some health problems that provoke dark circles, use this home remedies to reduce them and why not, completely eliminate them. Even if you can find various creams and gels that state they reduce dark circles, most of them are not so healthy and efficient as these home remedies that use natural ingredients.
Further you will find 11 beauty tips for dark circles using:
1. Cucumber – besides all the nutrients and vitamins that cucumbers contain they also have an instant cooling effect. Cucumber works as a great astringent, increases the flow of blood and lightens the area under your eyes.
How to use: grate a cucumber and extract the juice of it. Take some cotton balls, dip them into the juice and apply under your eyes with gently moves. Let the skin absorb it.
2. Raw potato – great for reducing dark spots, it’s a miracle ingredient for dark circles too. How to use: grate one potato and extract the juice and as the same for cucumbers, with a cotton ball take the juice, apply under eyes and let it be absorbed.
3. Potato + Cucumber – for when you feel you have more time to create an even more miraculous juice for the area under your eyes. To create this mixture you will need some coconut oil in addition.
How to use: Peel one cucumber and one potato, grate them separately and mix their juices in equal quantities. Apply to juice to the area for 20-25 minutes then rinse and massage some coconut oil to it.
4. Tomato – an amazing antioxidant and skin lightening miracle of nature, it not only helps with dark circles but with wrinkles too.
How to use: make a paste from a small tomato and mix with the juice of half teaspoon of lemon. Apply on dark circles for 15 minutes then rinse.
5. Rose water – well known for its anti inflammatory effects, it is a well known and used ingredient in lots of beauty products.
How to use: Just dip some cotton balls in rose water and apply it under your eyes. Let it soak in and you don’t need to rinse.
6. Fenugreek seeds – very high in proteins and vitamin C
How to use: Soak some fenugreek seeds in water for 3 hours then grind the seeds until you get a paste you will be mixing with some turmeric (only a pinch) and one teaspoon of milk. Apply this mixture to dark circles for 15 minutes then rinse.
7. Orange lentils – who would have thought that this delicious food helps with dark circles?
How to use: soak 3 tablespoons of lentils in water overnight then make a smooth paste of them the next day. Mix this with one spoon of tomato paste and lemon juice. Add a pinch of turmeric then apply the paste until it dries then rinse with cool water.
8. Ice pack – great for instantly reducing puffiness.
How to use: put 3 ice cubes into a napkin and keep it on your dark circles until the ice melts.
9. Mint leaves – for refreshing and cooling effects they are the best.
How to use: crush some mint leaves and apply them on the problem areas. Leave them there for 20 minutes then rinse.
10. Green tea – rich in antioxidants helps with reducing wrinkles too.
How to use: make a cup of green tea and take the bags from it and keep them on your dark circles for 15 minutes.
11. Keep a healthy lifestyle – the most important of all, don’t forget to get enough rest and drink plenty of water. Eat vegetables and fresh fruits and remember that you are what you eat.
Photo courtesy: stylesatlife.
Keep being AllDayChic!