We think that a man can’t be called a gentleman if he doesn’t know how to wear his suit. There are several unspoken rules that make a difference in looking good in a suit or rocking a suit or even tactical apparel. And we think that your man should know them, if not, you can give him a help and show this article to him. It is amazing how very small things make huge noticeable differences in how someone perceive a man in a suit. Let’s see what are the rules for wearing a suit that man should know.
1. The width of the lapel should be matched with the width of the tie.
2. A thin lapel looks more modern and a wide one is more of an old style.
4. When buying a new suit, the first thing to look at is how the shoulders of the jacket fit.
5. There should be a space between the collar and the jacket lapels.
6. A charcoal or gray suit is a better option than a black one, unless we are talking about a funeral.
8. Match shoes to the color of the suit.
9. For a more modern and fashionable look, double vents are a win.
10. A single button jacket is the best option for a casual look.
12. This fold prevents the pants from falling down the hanger.
14. A jacket should be unbuttoned before sitting down, unless there is a risk for it to be ruined.
15. The button from the top of a two buttoned jacket should fall above the navel.
16. A classic windsor knot is the best option for every occasion. The size of the head should be taken in consideration if going for a half or full windsor knot. See also some exotic necktie knots.
17. The bottom button of a vest always should remain unbuttoned.
18. A vest has other practical usabilities, it’s not just a fashion accessory, for example to keep you warm when it is cold.
19. Sleeve cuffs can be exposed slightly about half an inch.
20. When buying a new jacket, the label from the jackets left sleeve should be removed.
21. When sitting down, the socks should be long enough so they don’t allow any skin exposure.
22. A shirt should always be of a lighter color than a tie.
23. The pants zipper and but should be covered by the suit jacket.
24. The tie should be shorter than the waistband of the trousers.
25. The hem of the pants should just hit the shoes for a more fashionable look. Check out also Real Men Real Style Guide To Fit to see the perfect dimensions of a suit.
26. People who sweat a lot should wear an undershirt.
27. The dimple of a tie is important too and it gives a polished appearance to the person.
Keep being AllDayChic!