We don’t think there are many people who doesn’t wear underwear on a daily basis, it is something we can’t live without no matter what clothing we have on us. Only a few people dare to not wear it and maybe only sometimes when you are at home and you feel the need for more freedom you can skip taking underwear on. There are many underwear types suited for each and every personality style.
Today, we have for you a few interesting facts about underwear that might make you say “aha, I didn’t know that” and you will find them quite funny. We are sure you will like them, so let’s see which are those.
12 Interesting Facts About Underwear:
1. Almost 64% of women in this world wear the wrong bra size, they either choose the smaller one or the bigger one compared to what they should wear. This can make someone have problems with their breasts facing huge pain. To avoid that, don’t try to acquire a certain look and sacrifice health in order to have a gorgeous cleavage everyday. Choose the right cup size that fits your breasts perfectly in a way you don’t put pressure on them.
2. When it comes to men, only 10% prefer to wear boxers, while 25% like tight boxers, 40% are keen on slips and the rest probably doesn’t care!
3. The biggest bra in the world probably has no owner as it was made out of 70m textile. Could you imagine someone with breasts that are that big?
4. One average american girl has around 21 lingerie sets while she hides 2 for special occasions in her closet.
5. According to mammalogist it is extremely bad for your breasts to wear a push up bra for more than 2 hours per day as they can can make you develop certain tumors and even cancer.
6. Mary Phelps Jacob made the first bra in 1914 and she made it because her breasts couldn’t fit in a corset. She used two silk handkerchiefs and sewed them together with a ribbon then sold the patent.
7. Women started to wear underwear much later than men and in England this happened around the 18th century.
8. Wearing the biggest pair of underwear simultaneously is held by Jack Singer of Warwick who wore 215 pair when he was only 10 years old. The previous record belonged to someone who wore 200 pairs.
9. The smallest sizes of bras are sold in China, while the biggest ones are sold in UK.
10. One woman, throughout her life wears about 5 different bra sizes!
11. There is a custom in Italy that women wear red lingerie on New Years Eve, they think that it brings them luck.
12. Only 60% of Frenchmen change their lingerie daily and probably the percentage might go as well for all men around the world!
Photo courtesy: fotolia.
Keep being AllDayChic!